A modern girl goes into the world of Pride & Prejudice! Some of the humor is a bit vulgar and she basically makes a mess of the story. But there are some nicely cast actors and beautiful scenery!
Summary: Amanda Price is dissatisfied with her life in modern London. Her favorite escape is getting lost in the pages of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. One night, Amanda is startled to come face to face with the novel's protagonist, Elizabeth Bennet. A small door in her apartment mysteriously links their worlds. Eventually, Amanda becomes trapped on the other side, while Elizabeth remains in the modern world. Now as the events of her favorite book unfold in all the wrong ways, Amanda tries desperately to set things straight, but inevitably makes things worse. Will this fractured version of a classic tale lead Amanda to her own happily-ever-after?
Script: Guy Andrews
Directed by: Dan Zeff
Produced for: ITV
Release Date: 3 September 2008 (UK)
Length: 180 minutes, originally shown in four episodes
Producer: Kate McKerrell
Executive Producers: Guy Andrews, Michele Buck, Hugo Heppell, Damien Timmer
Costume Designer: Emma Rosenthal
Composer: Christian Henson
Elliot Cowan as Mr. Darcy
Hugh Bonneville as Mr. Bennet
Alex Kingston as Mrs. Bennet
Morven Christie as Jane Bennet
Gemma Arterton as Elizabeth Bennet
Ruby Bentall as Mary Bennet
Florence Hoath as Kitty Bennet
Perdita Weeks as Lydia Bennet
Tom Mison as Mr. Bingley
Christina Cole as Caroline Bingley
Tom Riley as Mr. Wickham
Guy Henry as Mr. Collins
Michelle Duncan as Charlotte Lucas
Lindsay Duncan as Lady Catherine de Bourgh
Miss Anne de Bourgh
Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Pirhana (Amanda's friend)
Daniel Percival as Michael (Amanda's boyfriend)
Mr. Collins's Brothers
- Amanda Price: I'm not hung up about Darcy. I do not sit at home with the pause button on Colin Firth in clingy pants, okay? I love the love story. I love Elizabeth. I love the manners and language and the courtesy. It's become part of who I am and what I want. I'm saying that I have standards.
- Mr. Bingley: [after Amanda sings 'Downtown'] Brava, Miss Price! And whenever life is gettin' me down, I shall be sure to go 'downtown'. Eh, Darcy?
Mr. Darcy: With alacrity.
- Amanda Price: [to Darcy] You're supposed to be so bloody incandescent with integrity and you misjudge everybody! You misjudge me!
- Amanda Price: Hear that sound, George? Duh-uh-uh-uh! That's Jane Austen spinning in her grave like a cat in a tumble-dryer.
- Elizabeth Bennet: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley? I am your wife.
Mr. Darcy: I do not recall marrying you, Madam. I think I would have noticed if I had.
Elizabeth Bennet: We have been married nearly 200 years.
Links of Interest:
- IMDb's Lost In Austen Page
- Series Trivia
- Series Goofs
- ITV's Official Page
- Read Review at The Jane Austen Centre
- Buy DVD at Amazon.com
Visit Our Lost In Austen Photo Gallery!
Trailers & Clips:
Trailer for Public Television Stations
My Music Video:
Lost In Austen Theme